The preserved ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum is the result of a massive eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D., when a huge quantity of pumice stone and ash came down from the volcano and 11 towns at the foot of the mountain were buried.
9 hour itinerary, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
- Pompeii, 2 hour visit
- Mount Vesuvius crater, 1 hour and 30 minutes by car and foot
- Lunch break (if required) in a winery at the foot of Mount Vesuvius
- Herculaneum, 2 hour visit
- Return to the port of Sorrento
As an additional service, we can provide a private guide for the entire day or for Pompeii. We strongly suggest booking a guide to save time and get the most out of your visit to these fascinating archaeological areas.
INCLUDED: Full comfort minivan, English-speaking driver, taxes, tolls, fuel, parking fees
NOT INCLUDED: On-site entrance tickets, lunch, private guide service (upon request)
You can select one or more of the following excursions:
* Required Fields are in bold